Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My 2 labradors eat the rabbit droppings from the garden. How can I stop them, short of putting up more fence.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Rabbits eat their own droppings to fully absorb the nutrients from them, and as rabbits are vegetarians anyway, there won't be anything harmful in the droppings. Besides, I've known dogs eat a lot worse things!!My 2 labradors eat the rabbit droppings from the garden. How can I stop them, short of putting up more fence.
putting up a fence would be your only option. You shouldn't be to concerned its not going to harm them. Dogs will often eat grass and vegetable projucts of their own accord as it helps their digestion. When rabbits eat they do not fully absorbe and digest all the plant matter they eat, rabbit dropping (no matter how disgusting it seems) are not fully digetsted and so eating them can help a dogs digestion. I had a similar problem when I would take my dog jess out she always seemed to try and eat horse poo, I spoke to my friend who is a vet and she explained, sounds to me like a very similar thing.





long and the short of it put a fence up or clean up the droppings first.My 2 labradors eat the rabbit droppings from the garden. How can I stop them, short of putting up more fence.
They suffer from the deficiency of calcium. Give them calcium. Have a check up done if by any chance they have worms.
It's alright, it's gross (though not as gross as some of the other kinds of poos dogs eat), but rabbit droppings are good to eat, rabbits eat their own droppings because it takes a few passings for them to get the full nutrition, and it's really quite normal for dogs to eat rabbit poos.
You should just let them because i have two pomeranians and they eat there own poop and they dont throw up so thats what i say
most dogs do that if its not poo it will be something else I dont think you can stop them. my lab eats cow pat and horses i just try and keep himaway from them places. labs seem never to be full
I have two labs,,,they eat anything, horse manure, rabbit droppings, goose droppings....if they don't vomit, then let them, you aren't eating it are you....they wouldn't eat it if they didn't like the taste...didn't anyone tell you labs are pigs........
give the dogs lots of lettuce and carrotts then they will get sick of eating the same s**T
Ugh, my lab eats his own poo all winter. We call them ';poopsicles';. We try to watch him, but he is so sneaky! He throws them up on the floor...it is poop vomit - how gross is that?


I have no answer for you, just understanding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment