Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How should i fix my rabbit problem?

Hi, I'm getting 2 rabbits, and I have 2 problems. Firstly, there gonna live outside, so I'm covering their run (below hutch) with rabbit bedding incase they pee on our tiles. But if it rains it will ruin the bedding. What should i do?


Secondly, my hutch will have two sleeping compartments, so when it gets cold, do i need to buy 2 heat pads? That costs 拢40! Help!!!!How should i fix my rabbit problem?
At night (Or if you know its going to rain from the sky coloring) just go and put a blanket over the cage.. Or put your rabbits in a garage.


yes, You must keep your rabbits warm or they will die.How should i fix my rabbit problem?
For the first problem with the bedding, you said you have a hutch so it shouldn't leak through, correct? If it does than make sure you replace it once it stops raining. If where you live it rains a lot I would suggest getting much bedding ;)





Secondly, for the sleeping compartment I would I only buy one. Rabbits are smart and I'm sure they will snuggle up together in the cold to keep warm on one heating pad together.





And thirdly [even though you didn't ask this--advice]: I used to have a rabbit. I say used to because she ran away about a year ago. I live out in the country and we just let her free like a wild rabbit only she was domestic. Make sure that you keep them penned up if you want to keep them. And if you let them out for a short hop, make sure you can catch up to them [they can hop pretty fast!]





Below is a website I included that should also help answer a lot of your Questions.





Hope I Helped! Have fun with your new bunnies! =D
When it storms, rains, or snows put it in a kennel with a heating pad. They might be able to share one. When it's sunny or something they run free! You could get a shock collar so if it runs off property it won't get squished by a car. I would know my dad raised over 100 rabbits! I'm not lieing! I promise i'm not lieing! Cross my heart hope to die!
At night (Or if you know its going to rain from the sky coloring) just go and put a blanket over the cage.. Or put your rabbits in a garage.


yes, You must keep your rabbits warm or they will die.
Don't get an animal if you can't afford to take care of it or if having it in your home inconveniences you.

No comments:

Post a Comment