Saturday, August 21, 2010

Should I take my rabbit to a vet?

His bowel movements are irregular. He's only urinated once that I know of in the past 3 days. He isn't pooping normally either. For a couple days I didn't notice any, then today I saw poop, but it was a few smears in his cage. His diet hasn't had any changes. But we did visit family this past week - I thought maybe he was just distressed and would get better at home.Should I take my rabbit to a vet?
From the sounds of it, your rabbit has a blockage.





Do you feed your rabbit greens on a daily basis? If not, then this is a VERY important part of their diet and it will cause health problems.





If your buying the cheap rabbit food, then get a higher quality of food for your kid.





Im not a vet, but when i take my rabbits in with a blockage giving them pinapple juice, FRESH pinapple juice. It will help unblock him.





Good luck.Should I take my rabbit to a vet?
yes, the bunny probably has some type of infection or a blockage of some sort. it will not get better on its own.
yeah, just to be safe.


good luck
I think it would alsobe a good idea to bring him to the vet to be sure because he could have something wrong.





Good Luck.





I have 3 bunnies.
yup take him to the vet
yes
It's probably a good idea to get him in to a vet, one that specifically deals with small pets and exotics, preferably. Rabbits have very sensitive intestinal tracts and changes in bowel movements can indicate something serious. I know you said there hasn't been a change in diet, but has he been eating? When a rabbit stops eating, it's a pretty serious problem. Hopefully it's just stress he will get over, but it is definitely worthwhile to bring him in.
ya
yes u should. just to be sure
I would say bring him to a Vet
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment