Friday, August 6, 2010

I have just bought a 9 week old female rabbit?

at the moment it still doesn't like being picked up or being held does anyone know how to get her more friendly..also any good foods they enjoy eating.I have just bought a 9 week old female rabbit?
Rabbits are timid creatures so it will take time for them to warm up to you. They like to eat carrots, lettuce, salt tablets, barley, rabbit pellet food. Don't give them human junk food. I was able to train some of my rabbits to go potty on newspaper in the corner of a room. I would let them roam freely at times around the house and out of their cage. I might be watching TV and all of a sudden one of the Rabbits would jump up on my lap looking for affection.I have just bought a 9 week old female rabbit?
What rabbits eat is very important to their health. They need unlimited Timothy Hay and a variety of veggies. Check the House Rabbit Society web site for a list of correct veggies. Beware of pet store packaged foods and treats.
The more you handle her the more she will become used to be handled. Make sure when you hold her you support her well. And especially in the beginning it would be best to handle in a fairly quiet surrounding.





My bunnies like to eat: Apples (sliced so they dont eat the seeds); Carrots with the green stuff; Cilantro (this is one of thier favs); Dandelions; Alfalfa or Timothy Hay (essential part of diet so it isn't really a treat).
well most rabbits dont like to be held, try getting on her level and let her come to you. also, they need fresh hay all the time, with pellets. here is a great website that you should read up on because rabbits need a careful diet, lots of attention, love, and care. they are not low maintenance pets and you really need to read up about rabbits as they can be a lot to care for and I dont want you to have to get rid of the rabbit when it gets older. do remember that rabbits can live to be 10 years old and do get bigger.





http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.鈥?/a>





http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html





http://www.rabbit.org/care/fruits.html





http://www.rabbit.org/care/new-bunny-ind鈥?/a>





http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-鈥?/a>





dont forget to get her spayed when old enough.
My rabbit was the same way when I first bought him. And he still is. Rabbits are actually afraid of heights. Just be careful when you pick her up...make sure you don't drop her or hold her too tightly as you may even break one of her fragile bones. Be careful what foods you give her...some fruits and veggies are actually poisonous to rabbits, especially any and all legumes. Do NOT feed her chocolate....it's deathly poisonous to rabbits. I feed my rabbit alfalfa, carrots, celery, and apples. I found a lot of useful information at the following website when I first bought Fuzzles.
They like to eat lettuce, carrots, stawberries, and lots of other fruits and veggies. Start out with just petting her every day more and more and she'll get used to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment