Saturday, August 21, 2010

Taking care of a rabbit after giving birth?

My rabbit just gave birth to five kits. How do I take care of the mother after her delivery. What should I feed her and if there are any vitamins or anything that I should give her.Taking care of a rabbit after giving birth?
Contact your local vet and talk to him/her.


Also the placenta should be removed from your rabbits cage.


Also get your rabbit and it's kits in to the vet asap to do a check up.Taking care of a rabbit after giving birth?
Hi!





Aaahhh, think of the lovely little bunnies you're going to have running around shortly!!





Seriously, though.... just leave her alone and keep an eye on her from afar. Make sure the hutch is away from any draughts and is kept dry.





Mum will sort out the babies very well on her own, and just keep feeding her what you have in the past.





I'm sure you take very good care of her anyway, and she's very lucky to have such a caring owner as you.





Best of luck with them all!!
to be honest, I'd leave her alone and quiet -otherwise they eat the babies if they get stressed
I think shes a little bit upset because of delivery.so Just leave her alone in her cage.It would take her 2-3days to be usual.
just leave her alone she will take care of everything herself. don't give vitamins because it will go to the kits and then you risk overdosing tham and possibly her just give them some space and all will be fine. Also if you haven't taken the male out do so now because she might not take care of them if he's in there my first litter died because I didn't know this.Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment